• While actual farmers, great food, interesting crafts and lively music are all wonderful elements of the market, this spirit of community is what really defines the market experience.
• Many customers have shared that they think that the market is the most significant improvement to quality of life ever in St Petersburg.
The Basics — The market first opened in November 2002.
• The market runs every Saturday from 9–2pm in downtown St Petersburg
• The market is located in the Al Lang Field parking lot (the corner of 1st Street and 1st Avene S)
• We’re open from early October–late May each year. This reflects the optimum weather period and the mid-Florida growing season.
• Our smaller Summer Market changes venues for shade. It takes place in Williams Park from June to August … 9am–1pm
It had been awarded one of the top 20 markets in the country (of ~7000+), and the largest in the southeast US. (This assessment is based on our personally visiting over 150 markets, including most of the major ones).
A Top Food & Eating Experience — They have broad array of gourmet ‘ready-to-eat’ and ‘take-home’ food.
• There is the enough nationalities or styles (15+) of ‘ready-to-eat’ food than any market in the US (e.g. Greek, Italian, French, Belgian, German, Polish, British, Cuban, Mexican, Ecuadoran, Colombian, Thai, Ethiopian, Cajun, Vegetarian, and more).
• There is a great variety of artisan food vendors. (e.g. fresh seafood, baked goods, pastries, jams, chocolates, cheeses, salsas, chutneys, sauces, imported truffles, pickles, popsicles, spices, jerky etc.).
• The Creative Loafing Food Editor declared that the Market was one of the 5 most significant food-related developments in the Tampa Bay area in the entire 2000-2010 decade.
Learn more and follow the crew at: http://saturdaymorningmarket.com/