In light of the success of Marketing Mondays, hosted by Sheila Neisler, Co-Chair of PinellasCounty SCORE, the team has added Finance Fridays, starting on 1/17 as a test concept.
You can schedule a free meeting for an hour or just drop by – the specified office in the Ring (2nd Floor at 600 Cleveland Street. Participants will get a complimentary 1 hour consultation with Toni DeMarco, MBA, CPA, and CGMA. Toni relocated to Tampa Bay in 2016 from New Jersey where she handled finance and accounting for Manhattan-based web technology start-up companies that were backed by venture capital.
She brings 20 years of experience and is available to help small businesses set up their financial systems and develop procedures and processes for managing their finances and accounting. With her focus on tax planning and tax preparation for small businesses, make sure you take advantage of her experience and expertise as we enter the new year.
Meetings will be hosted from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 pm in the SPARK office at The Ring, 600
Cleveland Street, 2 nd floor. You can register through Audra Aja at 727-443-0217.
Topics to consider reviewing as you gear up for 2020:
- Should I form a Florida LLC?
- What are the implications on my taxes from different company formations?
- Sole Proprietor
- What are the advantages of electing to be taxed as an S-Corp?
- What kinds of books and records do I need to keep?
- Should I utilize Financial/Accounting Software like QuickBooks?
- I’m utilizing QuickBooks and I have questions about the software.
- Am I reporting all the tax deductions I am legally allowed for myself and my business?
- Can I deduct mileage?
- Can I deduct a home office?
- Should I set up a retirement plan?
BIG thank you to the SCORE and SPARK teams for providing access to such an vital resource to our small business community. Thank you Toni, as well!